The Top 5 Skills You Learn from A Supply Chain and Logistics Program at Eastern Academy
If you are looking for a fulfilling career in a busy team environment where attention to detail and analytical thinking are key, Eastern Academy’s Supply Chain and Logistics program in St. John’s is the place to start. This program will qualify graduates to pursue positions such as Logistics Coordinator, Dispatcher, Warehouse Associate Supervisor, Purchasing Agent, Billing Agent, Materials Management Analyst, Scheduler, Loss Prevention Agent, Cargo and Freight Agent or Customs Broker.
Skills that Go Beyond the Job
Once you have completed our rigorous 57-week program, you will have acquired skills that not only prepare you for a successful career in the industry, but also give you valuable tools to succeed in other aspects of your life. Here are the top 5 skills you will acquire once you have completed our program:
- Software and computer fundamentals: If you don’t already have a strong grasp over how to operate a computer and different types of software, that is something you will learn. Early in the program, we put our students through a series of labs that give them training in making spreadsheets, presentations and utilizing database management software.
- Business and business math: “Business” can be a bit of an overwhelming term, but in our program, we boil it down to the essentials you need to successfully navigate the complex world of supply chain and logistics. We will build for you a foundation of business and business math knowledge to help you understand your role in a larger organization, as well as how to optimize your work to increase efficiency and profits.
- Contract law and administration: Contracts are long, complex documents that are designed to be hard for most people to read. This is why establishing for our students a strong understanding of contract law is so important. In your career, if you do not understand what you and your employer are agreeing to when you sign a contract, it might open up significant vulnerabilities that can cost money and time.
- Management and operations: Anyone entering this field has to be good at effectively and efficiently managing a lot of different factors. The supply chain depends on countless different elements all smoothly working together, and if one component fails, it can throw everything off. In this program, we give you the tools necessary to successfully understand and manage these components, as well as training in how to fix them if they go wrong.
- Career planning: A program like ours earns you many different opportunities and career paths, depending on what your long-term goals are. A fundamental part of your education at Eastern Academy will be carefully planning your career so that when it begins, you know exactly where you need to start and what you need to do to realize your goals.
At Eastern Academy, we believe in the value of providing an education that not only prepares you for the job but also teaches you valuable skills which can be applied to other aspects of your life. At the end of this program, you will not only be ready to begin an exciting career, but you will also be a wiser, more disciplined and skilled individual who can navigate the complexities of life on a clear path to success.