Why You Should Study as a Home Support Worker or Personal Care Attendant with Eastern Academy
As the population of Canada ages, demand is only rising for home support workers and personal care attendants. Most families want to ensure their seniors can continue living at home. However, caring for a senior, or even for a child, youth or adult with disabilities, is challenging. Bringing in a home support worker or personal care attendant provides the assistance and relief that family members need in their caregiving responsibilities. If you are looking for a rewarding career that has a meaningful impact on the people you work with, look no further than this.
As a home support worker, you provide a vital service in making the lives of people who need assistance, easier. The requirements of the job can include helping people with their daily routines, running errands, meal prep, informal counselling and support, monitoring medication and recovery. There is an immense amount of responsibility but also great reward in seeing the positive impact of your work.
The Top 5 Reasons to Choose A Career in Home Support or Personal Care
Being a home support or personal care worker can be as rewarding for you as it is for the people you help. The service you provide will be vital and the satisfaction just as great. Here are the top 5 reasons to choose this career:
- Fulfilling work – This job offers you the chance to make a real difference in the life of a person in need. Here you can see the positive effect that your work has in tangible, meaningful ways which have a lasting benefit for others.
- Meet interesting people – A large part of what makes home support and personal care work so rewarding is getting to meet new people and become a part of their lives. An effective worker builds strong connections with clients that can grow into genuine friendships.
- In demand – You can rest assured that when you graduate, there will be no shortage of jobs waiting for you. Even just in St. John’s, the demand for home support and personal care workers is growing rapidly, giving you plenty of options when starting your career.
- Location variety – The service you will be providing is needed across the country, from densely packed cities to rural towns. Wherever you want to work, you can be certain there’s work waiting for you.
- Work the way you want to – There is a lot of choice about what kind of environment you can work in when you graduate from Eastern Academy. Home support workers and personal care attendants can be employed with agencies, hospitals, nursing homes or privately if they choose. If you only want to take on a few clients and work part-time, or sign on for regular employment, it’s up to you!
At Eastern Academy in St. John’s, our healthcare program will give you all the tools you need to confidently begin your career as a home support or personal care worker. By combining rigorous theory with practical application, we give you knowledge that you can use right away to make a real difference in people’s lives.
Begin your career as a home support worker or personal care attendant today. Learn more about our Home Support Worker/Personal Care Attendant program or call us at 1-844-297-0777.