Internal Job Postings
Information Systems Specialist+ Instructor
Posted February 13, 2024
Eastern Academy is Atlantic Canada’s Private Career College industry. Established in 1983, we have delivered training in a modular approach to over 30,000 students to enable them to fast-track to job readiness.
We are actively seeking to fill the role of Information Systems Specialist Instructor/IT Support.
The primary responsibilities as an Information Systems Specialist+ Instructor include providing quality course delivery utilizing a variety of instruction strategies, techniques and delivery methods to meet the individual student learning styles in a safe learning environment. Instructors are responsible for teaching assigned courses in accordance with course competencies, taking daily attendance, and as required, grading class tests, assignments, and exams.
To be a successful Information Systems Specialist+ Instructor, you will need:
- A combination of related education and experience that amounts to no less than 6 years.
- Degree/Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science.
- Relevant industry experience in working with:
- Microsoft platforms such as Azure and Microsoft 365 Administrator.
- Computer security including firewalls, antivirus, malware, and other cyber security threats.
- Knowledge and experience working with Cisco in a network environment.
- Experience working with Unix/Linux environments.
- Computer and network hardware support including printers, network equipment and computer system repair.
- General familiarity with computer application like Microsoft Office.
- Excellent English communication skills, organizational skills, and a professional attitude.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Previous teaching experience is an asset.
- Experience with Extreme Labs is an asset.
Salary to commensurate with education and experience. Employer paid benefits and vacation pay.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Assistant Campus Director
Posted January 29, 2024
Eastern Academy is now accepting applications for the Assistant Campus Director position.
The Assistant Campus Director reports directly to the Regional Campus Director. S/he will work as a part of the Senior Administrative team and will be responsible for management of the following key areas:
- Work closely with students in relation to academics and attendance.
- Work closely with students who have learning challenges and putting accommodations in place for them.
- Classrooms, labs, and instructors scheduling, and communicating these to students/staff.
- Instructors/Administrative staff hiring when needed.
- Scheduling Related Training and First Aid courses.
- Creating and maintaining an annual school activities calendar.
- Support the Curriculum team on issues relevant to accreditation visits.
- Participate in Senior Administrative meetings.
- Maintain a working relationship with different outside stakeholders.
- Assisting with our annual Convocation ceremony.
- Other duties as Regional Campus Director deems appropriate.
“Assistant Campus Director” Requirements:
- Ability to organize large amounts of scheduling into a well-organized format that is easy to understand.
- Ability to anticipate scheduling and program delivery challenges.
- Superior computer skills (especially in the MS Word and Excel programs).
- Superior written and oral skills as well as outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to working in a team environment with a highly diversified group of faculty and administrative staff.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and meet critical deadlines.
- Willingness to act as a campus leader and role model.
- Teaching experience would be an asset.
Resumes (with position title in the subject line or on your envelope) should be sent to the following:
22 Pearl Place
St. John’s, NL
Application deadline is February 9, 2024.
Graduate Job Postings
Massage Experts – Registered Massage Therapists (New Graduate Opportunities)
Posted July 31, 2023
Massage Experts is hiring Registered Massage Therapists and New Graduates in Newfoundland.
Full time and part time positions available.
We are an exciting, dynamic, and modern massage therapy clinic with one location in Newfoundland and growing. If having a consistent clientele and income, administrative support, paid training on modalities such as cupping, hot stone and more, a competitive wage and a fun team of therapists to work alongside sounds like the perfect place to work, then please, read on.
About Massage Experts
Ours is a fun and feel-good environment that offers:
- Guaranteed Clients
- Very Competitive Compensation
- Flexible Scheduling
- State of the Art Equipment, including Electric Tables
- Clinic Coordinator and Front Desk Staff
- Professional and Modern Clinic with all supplies provided
- Provide an educated, safe, and effective assessment and massage therapy treatment
- Discuss treatment plans and home care recommendations
- Maintain professional standards in client record keeping
- Adhere to the Provincial Associations’ Ethics and Standards of Practice
- To provide a welcoming, safe, inclusive and gender-neutral environment
- To provide respect for Massage Experts staff and clients
- To provide paid professional development of Massage Experts’ massage modality courses
- To provide superior marketing to attract clients to help build your practice
Is your graduation coming soon?
We welcome students who are approaching graduation to apply. Visit and take a tour of any of our clinics, so that you can get to know us. We are looking forward to meeting you. Apply Today: HR@massageexperts.ca or visit https://www.massageexperts.ca to find a clinic in Newfoundland near you.