Internal Job Postings
Academy Canada, St. John’s Campuses – Admissions Assistant (Administrative Assistant)
Posted December 20, 2022
Academy Canada is one of the strongest and fastest growing Career Colleges in the Atlantic region. With 35 programs, 1,200 students and a staff of 195, we are currently looking for talented individuals to join our St. John’s Campus. We are actively seeking to fill the role of:
The major purpose of this role is to provide administrative and organizational support to the Admissions team.
Admissions Assistant (Administrative Assistant) Responsibilities
- Manage and direct incoming telephone calls
- Greet all visitors to the campus
- Manage and maintain all application files
- Provide administrative support to Admissions team
- Assisting with Student loan applications
- Produce mail-out packages
- Undertake special projects and other duties as assigned
- On a regular basis, there will be a contact point for persons visiting or attending our campus. Therefore, a warm, caring, and friendly employee will help create the right environment throughout the duration of our interaction with clients and visitors.
Admissions Assistant (Administrative Assistant) Requirements
- Minimum college diploma in Business Administration, Executive Administrative support, or similar credential
- 1-2 years demonstrated experience and proven success in customer service
- Formal training in MS Office (especially Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) is required.
- Experience working with online communication tools such as MS Teams is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills are essential.
- Highly motivated and goal oriented
Applicants must have a high school diploma and at least 1 year’s experience as an Administrative Assistant or Receptionist.
We thank all applicants in advance but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information or to apply, please click here.
Corner Brook Campus – Admissions Officer
Posted December 12, 2022
Academy Canada is one of the strongest and fastest growing Career Colleges in the Atlantic region, with 35 programs, 1200 students and a staff of 195. We are currently looking for a talented individual to join our team.
We are actively seeking to fill the Admissions Officer role.
An Admissions Officer’s primary responsibilities is to recruit, qualify, and enroll new students into our college programs. This will be done by meeting perspective students in person or by telephone, through regular and ongoing outreach activities; including High School presentations, interviewing, and testing applicants, establishing, and maintaining rapport with the student body and staff to promote referrals. You will also be required to maintain regular data entry in the administration system.
The Admissions Officer will support the vision, mission, and values of Academy Canada while contributing to a positive, supportive, and student-focused team environment.
This Role Is Right for You If you are:
- Dynamic, outgoing and love taking to people.
- Confident, assertive, and persistent.
- Highly responsive and a clear communicator.
In addition to the above, qualifications should include:
- Minimum two (2) year’s experience in a related position or occupation.
- Two (2) years demonstrated experience and proven success in customer service, presentations and public speaking.
- Prior experience in a recruitment position in the Private Career College industry would be an asset.
- Formal training in MS Office (especially Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and contact management software is required.
- Post secondary diploma/degree is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills are essential.
- Access to a home/work assignment space and reliable internet and phone service is required to support working remotely as needed.
For more information, or to apply please click here.
Graduate Job Listings
Violence Prevention “Avalon East” – Volunteer Opportunities
Posted March 10, 2023
Calling all students, we are looking for outreach volunteers.
Would you like to go setting up information booths and visiting child care centres, boys and girls clubs, community centres and offer Kindness Matters activities to gain volunteer experience?
Want to learn more, send us a text at 709-757-0137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Massage Experts – Registered Massage Therapists
Posted March 3, 2023
Massage Experts is hiring Registered Massage Therapists and New Graduates in Newfoundland and Labrador. Full time and part time positions available.
They are an exciting, dynamic, and modern massage therapy clinic with one location in St. Johns (Galway) and growing. If having a consistent clientele and income, administrative support, paid training on modalities such as cupping, hot stone and more, a competitive wage and a fun team of therapists to work alongside sounds like the perfect place to work, then please, read on.
About Massage Experts
A fun and feel-good environment that offers:
- Guaranteed Clients
- Very Competitive Compensation
- Flexible Scheduling
- State of the Art Equipment, including Electric Tables
- Clinic Coordinator and Front Desk Staff
- Professional and Modern Clinic with all supplies provided
Registered Massage Therapist Responsibilities
- Provide an educated, safe, and effective assessment and massage therapy treatment
- Discuss treatment plans and home care recommendations
- Maintain professional standards in client record keeping
- Adhere to the Provincial Associations’ Ethics and Standards of Practice
- To provide a welcoming, safe, inclusive and gender-neutral environment
- To provide respect for Massage Experts staff and clients
- To provide paid professional development of Massage Experts’ massage modality courses
- To provide superior marketing to attract clients to help build your practice
Is your graduation coming soon? They welcome students who are approaching graduation to apply.
Visit and take a tour of their clinic, so that you can get to know them.
They are looking forward to meeting you.
To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to HR@massageexperts.ca.
“Westbury Estates Senior Living” – Care Team Manager
Posted February 21, 2023
Westbury Estates Senior Living are looking for a Care Team Manager to join the team.
The Care Team Manager will be responsible for coaching and mentoring employees at Westbury Estates. The successful candidate will work closely with the General Manager to ensure a person-centric philosophy is employed in providing excellent quality care to all residents.
The Care Team Manager will be responsible for ensuring employees follow the guidelines and policies in place through the RHA and Accreditation guidelines.
Care Team Manager responsibilities:
- Staff recruitment.
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching personal care staff, housekeeping and dietary staff through orientation, on-the-job training, and performance reviews to provide quality care to residents.
- Ensuring required documentation is complete for staff.
- Department staffing schedules, ensuring operational standards are met.
- Provide emergency coverage to meet staffing standards as required and in conjunction with management team; including rotating on call schedule.
- Provide in-service training to entire team at minimum of quarterly.
- Complete internal monitoring audits ensuring all operational standards are met.
- Ensures resident satisfaction and continuous quality improvement initiatives are in place.
- Communication: Ensuring that notices to residents, families and staff are sent in a timely manner as needed.
- Oversee maintenance requirements and priorities for facilities management.
- Culture Champion creating relationships with residents and employees while monitoring the quality-of-care services and long-term strategic plans.
- Purchase department supplies as needed while meeting budget targets.
- Performs other related duties when needed.
“Care Team Manager” Requirements:
- Proven team building and management skills with minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Background in seniors care or other health care related field.
- PCA certificate with experience is an asset.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector check is required.
Why Westbury Estates?
A great place to live; a great place to work.
We are a community that works together like one big family. We value our workforce and encourage a healthy, happy, and balanced work life.
Training and continued education is provided to ensure you feel comfortable and confident providing the best care possible to our residents and feel empowered to advance your career with us.
If you’re looking for a rewarding job where you enhance people’s lives every day, we want to hear from you!
For more information or to apply, visit the Westbury Estates website at https://www.westburyestates.ca/.
– Westbury Estates is an equal opportunity employer –